Sebastian is a corporate lawyer specialising in competition and regulatory law.
Sebastian is experienced in merger control, enforcement matters, and assisting clients in regulated industries. He works closely with clients across a wide range of industries, including the airport, energy and telecommunications sectors.
Sebastian has advised:
- clients in securing Commerce Commission clearance for M&A transactions, including:
- Z Energy on its acquisition of Chevron New Zealand
- Higgins Group on its sale to Fletcher Building
- global paper company Oji on its acquisition of Carter Holt Harvey’s pulp and paper business
- various domestic and international clients on cartel enforcement matters, including Commerce Commission investigations and participation in the Commission’s leniency policy
- clients on the prohibition on taking advantage of market power for an anti-competitive purpose
- Christchurch Airport on regulatory inquiries, information disclosure obligations and setting of aeronautical charges, and
- Chorus on competition law issues and telecommunications regulation, including non-discrimination obligations, pricing regulation and the Telecommunications Act.