Shalindri is a senior associate specialising in various aspects of corporate finance law.
She has broad experience advising on a range of banking, commercial law and financial regulation matters, including debt security issuance programmes, bank financing and other corporate finance and commercial issues.
Shalindri advises public and private sector clients across a variety of industries based in New Zealand and offshore.
- worked in-house alongside a number of client teams on a range of projects (on a secondment basis), including ACC, MBIE (Provincial Growth Fund), ANZ, Kiwibank and Keolis Downer and Kiwirail
- advised Crown Irrigation on its funding arrangements in relation to the Kurow-Duntroon irrigation scheme and Waimea dam
- acted for the covered bond guarantor and security trustee entities in relation to the establishment of covered bond programmes for BNZ, ANZ, ASB and Kiwibank, and subsequent issues under those programmes
- advised major banks and other financial institutions on regulatory issues under the OECD’s Common Reporting Standard for automatic exchange of financial information and under the FATCA regime
- acted for the trustees in relation to the establishment and restructures of the Eclipx New Zealand vehicle-backed receivables securitisation programme
- acted for Foodstuffs Wellington on its merger with Foodstuffs Auckland to form New Zealand’s largest grocery operation
- advised Guardian Trust as supervisor of a number of managed investment funds
- advised on a range of securities issuances, including the Government’s inflation indexed bond programme
- advised on certain New Zealand law aspects of the Waikeria Prison PPP
- advised banks on certain matters under the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act, and
- acted for various borrowers and lenders on a range of lending and security arrangements and documentation.