Thomas is a senior solicitor in Chapman Tripp's litigation and dispute resolution and corporate and commercial teams.
Thomas has advised on a wide range of corporate and commercial disputes, including company and securities, contract, insurance, professional liability, and property.
Before joining Chapman Tripp in 2016, Thomas was an Associate at Gilbert Walker from 2011. While at Gilbert Walker, Thomas acted for many of New Zealand's major insurers, including in professional indemnity, public liability and directors' and officers' insurance and claims arising out of the Canterbury earthquakes.
Thomas received a number of prizes at Canterbury University, including the Gold Medal for being the top law graduate of his year. From 2007 to 2008 Thomas took his LLM at Cambridge University as a W M Tapp Scholar. Thomas was a Judges' Clerk in the Supreme Court from 2009 to 2010.
- advised insurance companies on indemnity and policy response and acted for insurance companies in circumstances where cover has been declined
- acted for solicitors, real estate agents, valuers, financial advisors, engineers and other professionals in civil proceedings and investigations by professional disciplinary bodies
- acted for a professional disciplinary body in an action for judicial review brought by a member
- acted for a corporate trustee of a failed finance company, and
- advised insurance brokers and a number of other professionals in relation to claims arising from the Christchurch earthquakes.