Tim specialises in cross border and financial services mergers and acquisitions (M&A). He advises international and domestic clients on M&A, takeovers, schemes of arrangement and IPOs. His clients include listed and unlisted corporates, private equity funds and inbound investors.
He leads Chapman Tripp’s corporate team and co-heads the firm’s China Desk, advising Chinese and international clients on investment matters, including obtaining Overseas Investment Office approvals.
Recognised as a leading lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific 2020 and Chambers Global 2020. Also recognised as highly regarded by IFLR1000 2020 and as a leading individual in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020.
- AMP on the sale of AMP Life to Resolution Life Group for AU$3.3b
- ANZ Bank on its sale of OnePath Life NZ for $700m to specialist global insurer Cigna Corporation
- Shell on the sale of its New Zealand upstream oil and gas operations to Vienna-based OMV for $794m
- Partners Life on Blackstone Group's $200m investment into the insurer
- Arvida Group on its IPO and NZX Main Board listing, in conjunction with an acquisition of 17 aged care facilities for scrip for a deal value of $329m.
Former council member of the New Zealand Private Equity & Venture Capital Association