Tom specialises in corporate and commercial transactions, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and securities law.
Tom has experience advising New Zealand and offshore clients on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, capital raisings, corporate governance and the overseas investment regime.
Tom has advised:
- Gas Services New Zealand on its acquisition of the Ahuroa Gas Storage Facility from Contact Energy for NZ$200m
- Beach Energy on its acquisition of the Origin Energy subsidiary Lattice Energy for AU$1.585b
- Pencarrow Private Equity on the establishment of its $250m fifth private equity fund
- AJ Park on the sale of its intellectual property business to ASX-listed IP services group, IPH Limited, for $66.1m
- a global ingredients supplier on the establishment of a joint venture in Russia
- NZ Post on the sale of a 47% stake in Kiwi Group Holdings, the holding company for the Kiwibank group of financial services entities, to the New Zealand Superannuation Fund and Accident Compensation Corporation, for $494m, including the establishment of joint governance arrangements, and
- Z Energy on a range of corporate governance matters, including its annual reporting requirements and the administration of its employee share schemes.