Tracy specialises in corporate and commercial law, advising clients in both the private and public sectors on corporate structuring, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, and in a range of commercial projects.
Tracy joined Chapman Tripp having worked in the corporate practices of DLA Piper Hong Kong and Wellington, where she was part of the firm’s Asia M&A team. Tracy has also previously worked for Fangda Partners in Shanghai where she assisted international clients investing and establishing businesses in China.
Tracy has advised:
- local and international clients on Hong Kong company
and commercial law with an emphasis on cross-border mergers and acquisitions and
the establishment of joint ventures in Asia
- a New Zealand biotechnology company on its acquisition by a US-based private equity firm a Hong Kong purchaser in its purchase of the majority interest in a New Zealand freight forwarding company
- TOWER in the sale of its health and investments businesses
- Coal Association of New Zealand in the sale of its entire interest in its research business
- SkyBus in its acquisition of the entire interest of Auckland Airbus
an Australian vendor in the sale of its Australasian IT management business
- Chinese individuals in their subscription of minority interests in a local New Zealand group in the business of production of infant milk formula
- a leading New Zealand forestry company in its production and supply of logs for sale to a Chinese purchaser for distribution in China
- New Zealand Defence Force in relation to its strategic reform programme, including the design, implementation and ongoing operation of a new human resource management information system, and
- a New Zealand pharmaceutical retailer in relation to its joint venture with a local internet services provider in their establishment of an online retail pharmacy and supplements business.