Vonda advises clients on all aspects of employment law and health and safety.
Vonda is a senior associate in our employment team and assists a number of the firm’s key clients on a full range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters. She has represented clients in the Employment Court, Employment Relations Authority and in mediation with the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment.
Vonda also has experience in assisting clients to manage their health and safety risks by providing compliance advice and training. She also has experience in assisting employers with health and safety investigations and responding to prosecutions by WorkSafe.
Vonda was a senior solicitor at Chapman Tripp from 2013 to 2015 and has recently re-joined after three years in London where she was in the employment team of major US law firm, Gibson Dunn and Crutcher LLP. Prior to joining Chapman Tripp in 2013 Vonda was a senior solicitor at another top tier New Zealand law firm.
- advised corporate clients on the full range of employment issues including restraints of trade, redundancy, personal grievances, disciplinary processes, senior management employment agreements and incentive scheme
- acted as counsel for clients in matters before the Employment Relations Authority including drafting statements of problem and statements in reply
- drafted submissions on behalf of clients and the firm in response to the Holidays Act Taskforce’s issue paper regarding changes to the Holidays Act 2003
- advised clients on the employment aspects of numerous commercial acquisitions, and
- advised clients on health and safety initiatives and compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.