Willie is a senior associate specialising in insurance and commercial litigation, with a particular focus on professional indemnity matters.
Willie has advised clients in relation to a wide range of insurance matters including professional indemnity, public liability, statutory liability and fire and general matters. He also has broad experience in a variety of commercial litigation, and sports law.
- acted for a number of engineers and architects in relation to professional negligence claims, including complex High Court matters relating to buildings alleged to have been defectively designed which suffered damage in the Canterbury earthquake sequence
- acted for solicitors in relation to professional negligence claims and disciplinary matters
- represented real estate agents in relation to professional disciplinary complaints, and has conducted defended hearings in relation to misconduct charges and appeals to the Real Estate Agents Disciplinary Tribunal
- acted for an electrical services company in relation to a public liability claim arising from a fire at a commercial building
- acted for a large material damage insurer in relation to both commercial and residential claims arising out of the Canterbury earthquake sequence, and for insurers and contractors in relation to claims for allegedly defective earthquake repair works
- appeared in the Court of Appeal in a claim relating to impediments to an easement
- appeared in the High Court to obtain orders modifying restrictive covenants imposed on a property within a multi-lot subdivision
- advised a national retailer in relation to a proposed share buyback transaction, and
- appeared before New Zealand Rugby’s Judicial Committee in anti-doping proceedings.