Ground Cover is a quarterly publication tracking legislative and regulatory reform in resource management, local government, planning and construction law.
In this issue we look at:
- the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Act and what level of policy stability we can expect to flow from it
- the review of the Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS), including the Climate Change Response (Emissions Trading Reform) Amendment Bill and the regulations the Government proposes to support the new ETS regime
- the Government’s plans to accelerate the shift to renewable energy
- the proposed new landfill levy structure
- the issues and options paper from the Review Panel tasked with producing recommendations to improve the resource management system, and
- the Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment on what he sees as “huge gaps” in New Zealand’s environmental data collation and knowledge and on the dangers of continued strong tourism growth.
Ground Cover – September 2019
Ground Cover – July 2019
Ground Cover – March 2019
Ground Cover – December 2018