Ground Cover is a quarterly publication tracking legislative and regulatory reform in resource management, local government, planning and construction law.
To read the latest issue click here.
In this issue we look at:
- the draft Terms of Reference for the Government’s promised review of the resource management system
- the “historic consensus” on climate change which the Government is claiming with the farming sector
- the big policy effort needed for large-scale electrification
- the planned Urban Development Authority
- the new national planning standards
- details of the Budget 2019 sustainable land use package
- the latest amendments to the ETS
- a teaser to the series Chapman Tripp is producing on how business can build resilience to climate change
- the appointment of the expert panel for New Zealand’s first National Climate Change Risk Assessment
- the restoration of the three well-beings to local government, and
- plans to disband the Local Government Commission.
Ground Cover – March 2019
Ground Cover – December 2018